Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Still looking for employment...

Several people have asked about the job search.  Unfortunately, I haven't heard good news back from the places I've applied, including Sylvan Learning Center, who has enough tutors but "will keep [my] application on file."  There is another tutoring center in the area to try, and I can always attempt to drum up some business as an independent tutor for writing assistance or ACT prep.  My ultimate goal, of course, is to teach at the college level, supervise student teachers, or work in professional development programs for current teachers.  My resume is strong, I think, so I'm not sure why I'm not getting interviews.  Honestly, I didn't think finding a job would be this difficult, but perhaps I'm meant to focus my attention on my mom right now. 

Random observation #4:  So, in some public areas where physical safety may be an issue, someone has actually removed the prickers from the cacti!  Maybe there's a job for me... 

(Whew, talk about a tedious task!)




No comments: