Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Does anyone have a "bucket list"?

After a wonderful Olive Garden dinner with my English department colleagues tonight, I came to realize that there are so many opportunities to experience in this world.  My work friends shared their recent adventures or upcoming plans, clearly contrasting my life's lack of excitment: zip-lining in Alaska, traveling around hotspots in Greece, impulsively jumping on a plane to meet up with a potential love interest (he was a friend from the past, though, not a "stranger"), attending Broadway shows with impressive stars...

Although I've never seen the movie The Bucket List, I have heard of it, of course.  When I think about things I want to do before I die (as morbid as that sounds), a few random ideas come to mind.  Perhaps I will think on it more and post some/all of it on a future blog...this takes some thought.  Do you--or does someone you know--actually have an official, written-down "bucket list"?  Just curious.  :)

1 comment:

Dale said...

Definitely! I actually called my sabbatical to do list my "Sabbatical Bucket List"